I loved making this for a challenge team as it mean I really can think outside the box & this challenge was for a Tag, Bag or Box challenge! Ok it doesn’t look like a box but its made from Box Making boards 😉
I made the Green one 1st & then re-made the card so others could follow along & get the maximum use from something CC fans already owned. I designed a centre piece for the lamp shade which you can download for free.
Items Needed for this project…..
Sweet Treats & Special Treats Embossing Boards (Crafters Companion)
Acetate, Good quality Card stock, Collall Tacky,all purpose & 3d Gel Battery Candle.
FREE Template for centre piece can be found here… TableLampSupportTemplate just click & print.
To Decorate… Image (If wanted) & Flowers
3. Cut out a square of your card 2 ¼” X 2 ¼” for the base of the card, Glue into place & then fold over the top flaps & also using tacky Glue, Glue to close. (This is where the lamp Shade will sit)
6. Now place the lamp shade pieces into position where they will be glued, but where you can see the flap showing around the die you have cut. Mark it with a pencil & cut it away. Top tip: this is easier before you have started to glue
7. Now glue your shade together (as shown)
8. To measure the acetate for the windows, I placed a piece on top & used my craft knife to mark the acetate, leaving a small gap.
9. I used an embossing folder to add texture to my windows.
10. I used a all purpose Glue to stick the windows & tacky Glue to finally make the finished lamp shade shape.
11. Lamp Shade Support: Print out your template & cut & score. Then transfer the same shape to a piece of heavy weight card (the extra weight card is needed)..
14. Glue the top of the Milk carton & place the shade on the top & decorate as desired.
Happy Crafting xxx